Monday, September 12, 2011

Sweet Serenity

This is what showed up in my mailbox today

On the inside- notes from my staff team and the message "I'm not comin' out till you come back!" Adorable. I totes miss my being with staff team and not being able to plan for this upcoming school year.

I've had a pit in my stomach for most of the day knowing that my staff team and other student leaders started a retreat today, and I made the (hopefully wise) decision to stay back and work on making phone calls. It makes me sick to know that after 5 months, I have yet to see my goal reached.

With a deadline in just under 4 days and 57% left to go I am desperate and confused and barely holding on. With a tiny glimpse of hope, 4 days, and lots of prayer, by this time next week I will be fully supported and probably sleeping after an exhausting day on campus meeting thousands of incoming students at UCI!

Today, I was actually on campus and it was literally a ghost town. I had to stop in the park and take in the silence of the soft breeze and the stillness of late morning. Its been hard to find quite in such a busy, moving world. I may be losing my mind because of it. Maybe its a combination of the crazy weather, staring at the computer screen for most the day, or maybe its just because I'm in over my head. Whatever it is, the quietness of the park this morning was peaceful and serene and just what I needed in this go-go-go pace of support raising and phone-calling.

In light of this peace, there is the still the reality of 57%... Join me in praying for my support to be done by Friday. Join me in helping taking the Gospel to UCI students. (click here) Join me in seeing lives changed. Join me in trusting that there is more than to come. Join me in believing that there is still so much to be done in this city. Join me in faith that the LORD is surely sovereign over everything! Join me in hoping in the One that surrendered it all so that we could live. Will you join me?

The LORD's promise that there is more to come: Haggai 2:1-9

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you! I am so thankful to be standing side by side with you in all of this. Let us remember that God is bigger than anything! Love you my dear Erin.

    ReplyDelete