Wednesday, August 15, 2012

A Story for His Glory


This has been a whirlwind of a week. Preparing to attend a wedding is no easy task, especially when one has the honor of standing beside the bride as she says her “I do” to the one she loves. I’ve included some photos just for fun; feel free to enjoy them :)

Me (in my 5-inch heels), Dano & Sam 

Aside from practicing walking in my 5-inch heels that I was planning on wearing for a 45-minute ceremony and the last minute shopping for gifts for the Bride-to-be and the Newlyweds, I think the Lord was very much preparing my heart for celebrating His Work.

Mr & Mrs Tindall cutting the cake
(that was incredibly delicious)

I think one of my favorite parts about going to a wedding… correction: My favorite part of a wedding, is not the first time the groom sees the bride, or when the bride walks down the aisle, or their first kiss as man & wife, or even the party afterwards (don’t get me wrong I love these parts of a wedding) but hands down my favorite part is the journey of love that the couple has been on, tying the knot and beginning a new chapter to their life. My favorite part is the part that has already happened and the part that has yet to come. Weird and a little cheesy. I know. but it’s my favorite because the story doesn’t belong to the couple, but to the LORD- the Master Storyteller.

Natasha, my new friend, who witnessed the very beginnings 
of Corey & Hannah's relationship

The Lord gave me an incredible insight to the story & relationship of the couple that wedded on Saturday. Rewind to two years ago, I had the blessing of sitting by a dear friend and roommate listening to the work that God was doing. Most of the time, this occurred in our kitchen and involved lots of Oreo’s and peanut butter- a vital part to any story telling.

I watched & listened as the Lord provided courage, patience, grace, truth, love, provision, hope, plans, satisfaction and glory for Himself through my friend and her now hubby. Isn’t that the goal anyways- glory to God via His servants that are surrendered to Him? Corey & Hannah have surely surrendered to the Lord and sought Him in all their plans- something I am certain will be a characteristic of their marriage together.

“delight yourself in the LORD and He will give you the desires of your heart”
-proverbs 37:4

may, or may not have over delighted in these beauties

I can’t help but think back to some of those kitchen conversations (remember the ones with Oreo’s and peanut butter?) and see God at work. He had a plan all along and all we had to do was be patient long enough to see it unfold. If this were a page in my journal, it would have tears all over it! The One who said we would be safe in the shadow of His wings, that is working for our good, that knows our hearts and directs our steps, kept His promises! How reassuring that God is not stagnant- He is moving, working, active, and responding to us, for us. He is not stagnant, He is living, breathing, moving.

“but the LORD is the true God; he is the living God and the everlasting King.”
-jeremiah 10:10

This seems to be a theme in my life this last week (back to square one). All of the running around, working, business, frustrations, tears of failure and of joy, God is still working. Phew, some how breathing is easier with that fact.

I'm gonna take a stab in the dark and say that God knew
what He was doing when we decided to be roommates. 


God, Thank you that you are not done creating.
Thank you that you are still writing many stories for us to be a part of, 
to retell and to listen to.
Thank you that in times of chaos, you are my Rock.
Thank you that you are present.
Thank you for your grace that covers my failures.
Thank you for mine & Hannah's wonderful friendship, rooted in you. 
Thank you for Hannah & Corey and their love & new marriage.
I pray that you would continue to grow in them hearts of worship that glorify you.
I pray that you would teach them what it means to be one.
I pray that they would draw near to you in times of need.
I pray that you would teach me patience, love, truth and grace.
Jesus, to you be the glory for ever- 
through Corey & Hannah’s marriage, through my life 
& through all things you’ve created.
Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment