Monday, March 19, 2012

This Week

Agenda for the week *takes deep breath*: staff meetings, skype dates, coffee dates, starting the 23rd year of my life, making some phone calls, reading a lot, watching the movie premier of a dearly loved book, oh yeah, and don't forget the fact that this time next week I will be on the complete opposite side of the world... don't know how I almost missed that one! Call me crazy, but I guess it's what I do.

Obviously, there is a lot going on.  Staff meetings, skype dates, and coffee dates have become the norm- a  huge part of my life. Staff meetings keep me in the know about what I'm held accountable for work, sometimes we get to have fun, but they are mostly boring ;) Skype dates keep me in the know with my friends and family that are across California, the US and the world. Without these times I would be clueless with how to pray for friends and keep relationships going. Coffee dates are so that I am in the know with friends that are here at home- that physically live close, because I need to know about their lives too!

(relationship saver)

My birthday isn't very exciting, in fact, I dislike it more and more each year. It reminds me that I'm getting old and maturing and having to make decisions and growing up and having to go into the real world for a real job. BUT if I can use it as an excuse for some of my most favorite people to be in the same place at the same time, then by all means let's celebrate the friends we have, the lives we've been given and the blessing that it is that the Lord has given us another year of life in Him! Can I get an Amen?

(cheesecake is actually my favorite, but I couldn't find a birthday cheesecake- do they exist?)

The Hunger Games is not to be taken lightly, but very seriously. I won't say much until after I've seen the movie, but please read the book before! You still have time and it's a quick read. More on this to come later, but nonetheless, both the trilogy and the movie will be a part of this week!

(The infamous Mockingjay pin, must-read to understand, no spoilers here, yet ;) )

Finally, probably the craziest of all these things is the reality that I will travel by plane for a total of 25 hours (not including layovers) to the beautiful, wonderful country of South Africa, live there for a whole 6 1/2 days and make the brutal 25 hour (not including layovers) trek back to the states! Yikes! While in the windy city of Port Elizabeth, I will visit with dear friends (both American and South African), initiate spiritual conversations with NMMU students, go on a safari (again?!?!) and be in the company of some of the most amazing people I know.

(hopefully we'll get some sleep, if not then I pray for a view like this one!)

Now that I've totalled the number things I have going on, I wouldn't trade one of them for anything. Wow! How blessed am I? This is unreal! Somebody please wake me from this dream! Who am I that I get to do all this with in a matter of days? There is just too much goodness for me to handle!

(It seriously is not real... going back to South Africa for the 2nd time in less than two years! Who would say no to that?) 


Dear Lord,
Thank you for the life that you've blessed me with- 
one that is full of you, your grace, your work and your amazing people. 
Thank you that I can be a part of 
your Kingdom in such amazing ways. 
Thank you that you have chosen me- 
chosen me to do great works, to become a great work, 
and to get to share that with others. 
Thank you that you have planned the days of my life, 
and that you crafted this week, specifically, to be filled with goodness. 
Thank you that I get to walk closely with my brothers and sisters, 
as we take steps of faith to trust you more and more. 
Jesus, what a life you have given! 
I pray that this week would not become about checklists, agendas, 
and duties, but it would be a week full of your love, grace and mercy, 
and that it would be pleasing, honoring and glorifying to you. 
Lord please grant me the strength and courage to live in your Spirit this week. 
Please teach me more and move me to a closer relationship with you. 
In Jesus' name, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment